Birth and Death Certificates
- Only a qualified applicant may obtain a copy of a birth or death certificate.
- The registrant. This is the person named in the record.
- The parent, child, brother, sister, spouse, grandparent, legal guardian or managing conservator or the registrant.
- Legal representative, agent or other person acting under contract for the registrant.
- The applicant must provide the following information and show proper identification.
Birth Certificate - $23 per Certified Copy - (Cash or Check only)
- Full name on birth certificate.
- Date and place of birth.
- Father's full name.
- Mother's maiden name.
- Name, address and phone number of requestor.
- Relationship to person on birth record.
- Texas birth certificates are available from the remote access system in Austin from 1926 to the present.
- Delayed births and births before 1929 are available from Montgomery County only.
Death Certificate - $21 for First Copy, $4.00 per additional - (Cash or Check only)
- Full name on death record
- Date and place of death
- Father's full name
- Mother's maiden name
- Name, address and phone number of requestor
- Relationship to person on death record
- All deaths recorded in Montgomery County from 1903 to the present are available.
Certificate by Mail
To obtain a birth or death certificate by mail, print the form above and sign and have it notarized. Also include a copy of your Driver's License or other identification along with a check or money order made out to "Montgomery County Clerk" in the appropriate amount. Please be certain to list a return address or include a self addressed stamped envelope with your request.