Status or Cancellations
· Items can be requested in-person at any location, by phone at 936-788-8361, or with our online ILL Request Form.
· Only 1 title per form submission.
· Only 5 ILL requests may be active at a time.
· New materials (less than 6 months old) cannot be ordered through ILL.
· Materials already owned by MCMLS cannot be ordered through ILL, but can be requested through our online catalog.
· We do attempt to fulfill all ILL requests, however, the following items are more difficult to obtain: rare books, original manuscripts, reference works, genealogy materials, microfilm, and fragile materials.
· Items may take 2-6 weeks to arrive.
· You will be notified by phone or email when it is available to pick up.
· To cancel or check the status of a request, please call your branch or send them a message. Please be ready to provide your name, library card number, and the title of your requested item.
· Genealogy materials will be sent to the Genealogy Room at the Central Library for in-house use only.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
ILL is a free service.* Sometimes there is a fee for borrowing materials, but we never agree to a fee without first finding out if the patron is willing to pay it.
Are there materials that cannot be borrowed?
Not all items are available through ILL. These items include:
· Items published within the last 6 months (excluding magazines or newspaper articles)
· Some Genealogy materials
· Digital materials, such as eBooks or eAudiobooks
How long does it take to get an item via ILL?
The length of time varies greatly from several days to over a month. If you need an item by a certain date, it is important to make a note of it on your ILL form.
Can ILL materials be renewed?
Sometimes they can, but not in every case. It depends on the policy of the library which loaned us the item. You must call us at least 4 days before the due date to request a renewal.
How much are the late fines on ILL materials?
The fine is $0.10 per day, per item.
How can I find out if my Interlibrary Loan Request is here?
We will notify you by phone or email if your request has arrived.
Can I return an ILL item to any branch?
No. ILL materials should be returned to the branch where they were checked out. This helps us speedily return the item to the owning library. Returning materials on time helps us maintain cordial relations with the other libraries in the ILL system.
Can I use the MCMLS ILL service?
If you have a valid MCMLS library card, you are entitled to use the ILL service.
How many items can I borrow through ILL?
Only 5 ILL requests may be active at a time.