Mailing – We are aware of issues occurring with the regular mail.
United States Postal Service, please use the following address:
Montgomery County Clerk
P.O. Box 959
Conroe, Texas 77305
Express delivery (FedEx, UPS) or by hand delivery, please send to:
Montgomery County Clerk
210 West Davis
Conroe, Texas 77301
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to protect the public and our staff, and to continue to serve you, the Montgomery County Clerk is taking the following measures to modify services and availability to the public:
1. All customary services are available at our Main Office at 210 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77301. Vital Records and Recording services are available on the First Floor; Courts and Commissioners Court services are available on the Fourth Floor. The South County and East County annexes are currently closed.
2. WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO CALL THE OFFICE AT 936-539-7885 before coming to the office in person. Many of our services can be provided by mail, email or phone.
3. MARRIAGE LICENSES: Effective March 18, 2020, Marriage Licenses will be issued to Montgomery County residents only. You must present a valid ID with a Montgomery County address at the time of application. Marriage Licenses will be returned only to an address located in Montgomery County. Please see our webpage on Marriage Licenses for more information on how to speed up the application process.
4. ASSUMED NAME: As of August 1, 2020, the Montgomery County Clerk will no longer accept and process Assumed Name Applications, Assumed Name Abandonments and Assumed Name Withdrawals over the counter and in person. These documents will be accepted BY MAIL ONLY. For more information, click HERE.
5. Our office will remain open for normal business hours but with a reduced staff. We have instituted a queueing system for those that choose to come to the office for services. When you arrive at our office, please check in with the receptionist at the booth outside of our office. While we will still be providing all services, please understand that some services may take longer than normal to complete.
6. For information on making a criminal misdemeanor payment, please contact the Collections Department at: 936-538-8197.
We are available by phone and by email. We encourage you to call 936-539-7885 if you have any questions, need assistance and most importantly want to utilize services that keep you from coming to the office in person unnecessarily.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we navigate through this unprecedented event.
Montgomery County Clerk Search Menu
|Official Public Records||- Property, Plat, DBA, UCC, DD214, Birth, Death, Marriage, Foreclosure, Notices, Brands.|
|County Clerk Court Records||- Civil Court Records, Probate, Misdemeanor.|
|Commissioners Court Minutes||- If you already know the Court meeting date, view entire text.|
|Commissioners Court Search||- Search with support documents.|
|Click Here to Verify Java||- Java must be installed on your computer to view land records.|
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
East County Annex
South County Annex