L. Brandon Steinmann
210 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77301
MAIL: P.O. Box 959, Conroe, TX 77305
TABC Alcohol License
Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code provides the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission with the authority to regulate all aspects of alcoholic beverage manufacture, distribution, and consumption in the State of Texas. In addition, the Code allows local communities (county, city, justice precinct, etc.) the right to determine the types of alcohol allowed to be sold within their local jurisdictions. The Alcoholic Beverage Code, as well as forms, are available online through the TABC website at:
Montgomery County Commissioners passed regulations at their meeting on July 9, 2012 regarding the application process for alcoholic permits and the certification of wet or dry status. It prohibited alcohol in proximity to churches and schools. Click here to read the order.Application Process
Once you have obtained the application packet from TABC:
- If inside city limits, take the application to the City Secretary for signature;
- Take the application to the Texas Comptroller for signature;
- Take the application to the County Clerk for boundary verification and signature and to be filed in the county records;
- Return the application to TABC for final processing.
*Please use the most current form of the L-CERT or the AIMS application as provided by TABC.
Cost to file at the County Clerk is $26.00 plus $5.00 for each additional box after the first one. Only Cash and Check are accepted.
The Montgomery County Clerk’s Office recognizes this is a multistep process and we will verify as quickly as possible and return the original form to the applicant; however, same-day turnaround cannot be guaranteed.
All inquiries regarding the application and the overall process may be addressed to the TABC Licensing Division
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (512) 206-3360
- Fax: (512) 206-3399
- Include a self-addressed and stamped envelope for us to return the application to you
- Include payment in the form of a cashier’s check, money order or personal/business check made out to: Brandon Steinmann, Montgomery County Clerk
- Include a photo copy of a valid I.D. that corresponds to the check
- NO CASH
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 959, Conroe, TX 77305