Phil D. Jones, Director
501 North Thompson Suite 100 Conroe, Texas 77301
Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm
Monday - Friday
Montgomery County Floodplain Management Regulations
- New Montgomery County Floodplain Management Regulations were adopted July 14, 2014. FEMA has required our county adopt stricter standards to protect human life and health, safety and general welfare, and to minimize public and private losses due to flood conditions.
- Please Note: Development Permits shall be required to ensure conformance with the provisions of these regulations. These permits are no longer called Building Permits.
DO YOU NEED A PERMIT?
- Adding an enclosed residential structure (new to the property or additions). Requires a Development Structure Permit. Each separate residential structure (living quarters) must have its own address. Addresses issued by Non-Emergency 911 at 936-523-5911.
- Adding new or making changes to exiting septic system. Permitting required. Check Septic permits.
- Developing (adding structures, moving of dirt, etc) in the 100yr Floodplain requires a Development Structure Permit or Development Non-Structure permit. Check Floodplain requirements.
- Adding any new Commercial Structures or additions require a Development Structure Permit. Any Commercial Structure 500sq ft or larger and additions (including existing structure square footage) require a Fire Code Permit.
- Commercial build-outs to existing buildings or spaces require a Fire Code Permit.
- Adding new impervious cover or any additions to impervious cover, on Commercial property, requires a Development Non-Structure permit.
- Each structure is permitted separately.
- Each permit paid separately.
- Payments made by exact cash, check or money order written to Montgomery County.