Original Petition and Verification for Occupational Driver's Licenses
Order Granting Occupational Driver's License
Ignition Interlock Removal Order
GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR OCCUPATIONAL DRIVER’S LICENSES
Petitioners, please read the following instructions carefully before filing a petition and paying a filing fee:.
- The Court requires the following items, completed in full, signed, and filed with the Clerk of Court before the Court will set the case for a hearing. Failure to provide each of the below documents, fully completed, will result in delay of the case being heard, and could result in denial of an ODL:
- ORIGINAL PETITION FOR OCCUPATIONAL DRIVER’S LICENSE
- The Petition must be completely filled out, signed by the Petitioner and notarized.
- TEXAS DEPT OF PUBLIC SAFETY CERTIFIED ABSTRACT DRIVING RECORD.
- May be obtained at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Driver License/index.htm. Record Type “AR.”
- PROOF OF SR-22 INSURANCE
- Insurance policy must cover the entire period of suspension
- DWI ONLY: IGNITION INTERLOCK AFFIDAVIT
- If the underlying offense is a DWI conviction, the Court will not grant an ODL without proof that Petitioner has installed an ignition interlock.
- PROPOSED ORDER GRANTING OCCUPATIONAL DRIVER'S LICENSE
- The Order must be completely filled out. If an Interlock is not required please make sure to fill out the authorized days and times they are requesting to operate a motor vehicle.
- No Log Book its either Interlock or hours.
- Email order to Court Coordinator.
- All applicants will be ordered to abstain from the use of illegal drugs and alcohol for the duration of the Occupational Driver’s License period. A urinalysis and/or substance abuse counseling may be required.
- Essential Needs Occupational Licenses: If the request is for an occupational needs license, usually resulting from a Drug offense or DWLI conviction, and you are seeking a waiver of the four-hour operating period, the Court will not grant a waiver without Petitioner providing specificity as set forth in the DATA SHEET.
- Applicants setting an occupational license matter on the submission docket may visit the County Clerk’s Office to obtain a certified copy of the Order.
207 W. Phillips, Suite 307
Conroe, TX 77301